We are expanding………
Rosebridge are seeking to recruit a qualified and experienced paraplanner to join our highly successful team. You will be working alongside the group CEO, who provides advice to ultra-high net worth clients. The role is ideal for an existing technical paraplanner who wishes to be exposed to client contact. You will attend meetings with the CEO and will be responsible for delivering high levels of customer service.
The right candidate must be driven with an eye for detail, willingness to learn and a “can do” attitude, culture is important within Rosebridge.
Working with the CEO, you will be responsible initially building a cash flow forecast, following up with detailed reports resulting in specific recommendations, that fit the client’s objectives. A strong working knowledge of pre and post retirement planning (including pension transfers), trusts, investments and taxation is key to this role. The ideal candidate will have already commenced study to obtain a minimum CII Diploma status and ultimately will be expected to obtain Chartered status.
Formed in 2006 by Phil Rose, Independent Financial Advisor Limited was the 1st firm in the North West to be awarded Chartered status. We launched our Investment Committee in 2009 and the company has enjoyed continued growth ever since, with offices now in Ramsbottom, Leeds, Chester and Skipton. The Rosebridge brand was introduced in 2015 and is now our primary trading style.
Our CEO was awarded the Personal Finance Society (PFS) Chartered Financial Planner of the year 2017. As such, we encourage all staff to study and work towards Chartered status. We work together to set goals, fund all education, provide study leave and reward exam success with pay rises.
- Obtaining information on a client’s existing financial arrangements and conducting a gap analysis.
- Producing a strategy report and making high level recommendations in line with the client’s objectives where required.
- Researching the market in line with guidelines from the Advisers, the client’s circumstances and objectives for product and service solutions and preparing personalised high-quality reports that are client to the client, are written in plain English and include any compliance requirements.
- Communication with the Adviser throughout this process is of paramount importance.
- Have a thorough understanding of the Rosebridge advice process, strategy and suitability letter format, pre-approval process and the regulatory requirements imposed by the FCA and be able to deliver against these in agreed timescales.
- Understand each client’s circumstances, objectives, attitude to risk, capacity for loss, knowledge and experience and timescales to ensure advice is appropriate.
- Prepare analysis of client’s existing portfolio.
- Conducting research and produce client facing strategy reports to facilitate business writing opportunities.
- Prepare research and quotations for client meetings.
- Deal with client and provider correspondence (as part of the research and reporting process).
- Follow the Rosebridge client services process to deliver a personalised and high-quality service to Advisers.
- Prepare valuations and portfolio commentary for client meetings and updates.
- Liaise with colleagues and compliance to assist the approval and submission of compliant new business.
- Input client information onto the back-office system and ensure all tasks are recorded and acted upon within the agreed timescales. Ensure client history is maintained.
- Understand workflow and be able to deliver and report against various tasks, ensuring all concerned parties can easily review case status.
- Work closely with other paraplanners within Rosebridge to share ideas and best practice, including assisting Manager with all aspects of a good customer experience and identify any improvements that can be made.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with skills and experience.
- Participate in appropriate company and departmental training, competence and development initiatives.
- Financial Services Market – Demonstrates a deep understanding of the structure of the Financial Services market, including the role of the financial adviser, the paraplanner, product providers, support services & platforms
- Regulatory & Compliance – Full understanding of the Financial Services regulatory framework, and the ethics and key principles of the advice process. Comprehensive knowledge of the systems and controls that are in place to protect the client and the company. Demonstrates full adherence to these systems and controls
- Products – Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of both financial products & financial planning tools. Can analyse which type and features of the financial products are appropriate to the client’s needs
- Quality service delivery – Consistently develops and delivers excellent service to clients, colleagues & advisers, supporting the products & services provided and adhering to TCF principles at all times. Has excellent attention to detail & provides a quality assurance check
- Communication & relationships – Develops effective and enduring relationships through appropriate verbal/written/IT skills. Relates well to all people, internally and externally. Can handle & resolve issues, diffusing situations comfortably using diplomacy and tact. All communication must be concise, clear, understandable, effective and constructive
- Team working & collaboration – Understands their role within a team & the impact on others. Consistently endeavours to support colleagues & collaborate to achieve results
- Planning & prioritising – Can plan & prioritise work effectively in order to deliver good outcomes for both the client & the company. Uses time well and stays focused to ensure work is completed; consistently meeting commitments and deadlines. Determines tasks and communicates realistic timescales
- Using systems & processes – Consistently adheres to systems & processes using proficient IT skills, including risk, regulatory and governance requirements. Embraces change and is proactive in suggesting methods and procedures to help improve processes and performance.
Holidays: 25 days
Pension Scheme: 3% Employer and 4% Employee contributions
Death in Service: 4 x salary